Monday, June 9, 2008

She's Crafty

I have wanted to learn how to knit for a long time now, but I just never really got around to learning. Like playing the guitar, doing yoga or becoming a great chess player, knitting was always one of those things that I said I would do if I only had the time. Well, not I do have the time, so when the opportunity came up last week to learn how to knit, I jumped on the chance. I went out and bought myself some needles (shtizĂ«) and a few balls of yarn and got underway. I’m not so good at it yet, I can only do basic knitting and purling, nothing fancy. My first project is a scarf for myself (I don’t want to subject anyone else to my work yet), but I should be able to make scarves for other people soon. My goal is to be able to do a hat by the end of the summer and maybe figure out how to do more complicated stuff by the end of the year (socks, gloves). The yarn that we have seen here is not generally that great (imported acrylic) which is kind of ironic given that you see sheep everywhere you go. So, in addition to postcards, if you tell me your favorite colors, you might just get a scarf or a hat coming your way soon . . . they say Albania has a long cold winter . . .

1 comment:

Inday said...

I used to knit and crochet during meetings when I was a student in HS and at UW. I made several sweaters and an afgan that way. Enjoy!
Love, MOM