Sunday, September 21, 2008

I'm going to London! I'm so excited. To get ready for my trip, I decided that I needed to save money (translate- not travel), so I haven't been out of Peshkopi for almost a month and I am ready to go! It is amazing how cheaply you can live here when you don't go anywhere. You know, when I'm home I go weeks and even months without going anywhere special and I'm fine, but I think that I would be a little (or more than a little) stir crazy without traveling here. I have also been battling with super slow dial up internet for the past few weeks, so coming to Tirana for a day before I leave has given me time to get some things done. I also have been able to meet and hang out with the new volunteers that were transfered here after they were evacuated from Georgia. They are pretty cool crew and I commend them for coming here. After they were evacuated they spent almost a month in a hotel in Armenia and then came here and are now living in another hotel while they get a quick and dirty intro to Albania (5 weeks of language as opposed to our 12). Ok, so I'm off, my next post will be from the UK! Yeah!

3 comments:

Linus said...

I am jealous... I wish I was going to London. Have fun, and take pictures!

Sandra Jean said...

I hope you have a blast!!

Inday said...

Postcards!! Love, MOM