Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Shi, Shi, Largoheni

(rain, rain, go away)

Today was another rainy, cloudy day. It was actually not bad because we were inside the museums in the Kruja citadel for most of the day and the clouds and fog were really beautiful for all the pictures that we took at the top of the mountain. Kruja is the one place that I have been to in Albania that really has it together as far as touristy things. The history museum is very well done (very Skanderbeg-y, shume mire!), and the ethnographic museum was great. The man running the ethnographic museum is simply adorable. Kruja also really has it together for souvenir shopping. I decided to go ahead and spend some money while my parents are here and buy some things that they can take home with them, so I bought a nice hand woven rug. I also bought myself a necklace and my mom bought me some hand made silver earrings (did I mention it's my birthday?). I really can't imagine a better birthday then exploring a castle in Albania with my parents . . .

3 comments:

Linus said...

I hope your parents' visit was great!

It's been raining here too...

Inday said...

I am glad I have my rain jacket and my fleece jacket. Walking on wet cobblestones is a challenge.
MOM

Linus said...

It's STILL raining here just about everyday. I don't recall Wyoming having a monsoon season in previous years.
:)