Monday, June 25, 2007

my newest addiction is MAD. . .

I can blame my friend Wendy. . . meet Ms. Veronica Mars P.I.




My favorite episode title in season 1 is M.A.D. It stands for Mutally Assured Destruction. You can ask anyone in my class this year and they will tell you that MAD is one of my favorite International Political Theory terms. Basically it means that if we drop a bomb that would destroy Russia, they would drop a bomb that would destroy us, thereby assuring our mutual destruction. MAD is the crazy (mad) idea that if we have enough weapons, then no one would dare attack us because it would mean their own destruction as well. The kids in my class will also tell you that I am fond of using high school as an analogy for international politics. . . you better believe that if I teach this class again they are going to be watching part of the MAD episode (in which Veronica creates a "weapon" that would destroy a boy if he released the incriminating sex video he has of his ex). Hmmmm . . . I think I'm addicted.

No comments: