Saturday, March 15, 2008

My last day in Denver

6:38- My alarm will not go off for another 7 minutes, but I am awake. I'm not sure how much I slept last night, but it couldn't have been more than a few hours.

7:15- Ok, I'm awake. I'm out of bed. If I'm going to be awake I might as well do something and packing is making me crazy. My big backpack is 3 pounds too heavy and I don't know what to take out. Guess I'll go see a rock show.

7:45- Holy Shit! This line goes around the block. I guess that there are some people that have been waiting since like 7:00 last night. Crazy people. There is no way I'm going to wait in line. But who needs to wait in line? I know the band! I call Jamie and he comes outside.

7:50- Maybe it is the lack of sleep. Maybe it is the millions of people in line. Maybe I'm just nuts. When Jamie asks me how I'm doing I have a mini breakdown and start crying in his arms. He calms me down and then convinces the radio rep to give me a pass to get in. Sometimes it is nice to know people.

8:00- After lots of shoving and craning and searching I find Ria and Coby hanging out. There are way too many people in here. There is no way that this is safe.

8:15- A U2 cover band is playing somewhere over there. I don't really like U2. I really don't like U2 cover bands.

9:30- The Flobots are about to go on. We push our way to the stage, but decide that getting stepped on is not really that fun. Ria and I back up and Coby disappears. We are next to the stage with our backs to the stairs and because of the gigantic speaker we can't see a thing. They have a burping contest on stage. Gross. The Flobots start playing and of course it is awesome. Even though I can't see the stage (If I stand on my tip toes and lean back a little I can sometimes see Andy's head) I can hear them. I'm glad I decided to come.

10:15- The Flobots are done and they were awesome. We head outside because it is getting hard to breathe in here. We almost go and get something to eat (I'm starving) but Jamie comes out and gives us VIP passes to get back in thinking that there might be food inside (the Eggs part of Keggs and Eggs). We find where the food used to be, but it is all gone. We chill out in the VIP area for a bit anyway, cause we're cool like that.

11:00- Goldfinger are playing downstairs but I am upstairs hanging out with MacKenzie and Ria and Colin. Some guy just asked Colin for his autograph. We're not really sure who he thought Colin was. . .maybe Jamie? The funny thing is that MacKenzie is right here, and she is actually in the band!

12:00- We decide to go get food after all and drive to Watercourse. The whole place is surrounded by cops and has police tape all over. We find out later that there was a stabbing. Watercourse is open, but there is no place to park. On to City O' City instead.

2:00- I drop Ria off at the SCG office and say good bye to everone there.

3:00- A few last minute errands then home to pack. Well actually, unpack then pack again.

6:00- My suitcases are exactly 50 pounds each. Minus a few t-shirts, a roll of duct tape and some random odds and ends did the trick.

8:00- Head over to Liz and J's for the party. Liz made cupcakes with the Albanian flag. Awesome. Also awesome is Liz's chess set cake for J's birthday. People show up and give me cds. Oh so awesome.

2:00- Say my last goodbyes to Liz and J and the last stragglers of the party. Head over to Chronic's house for breakfast.

3:00- Chronic made me rasberry crepes and turkey sausage. Even though he forgot the whipped cream, it is awesome. We watch MTV and eat our breakfast on his living room floor.

3:30- In bed. I sleep.

7:00- Awake and trying to get everything together. Oh my God, I'm actually doing this.

10:00- Dad takes me to the airport. I don't know how I got it all in but I did. My bags weigh about as much as I do. I can almost walk without tipping over. And now I'm on my way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a long 2 says. Get some rest, you're gonna need it. Love ya!
Dad.

Linus said...

Vaya con Dios!

Sandra Jean said...

Wow, crazy long day!