Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Do I need that?

"Probably not," is the answer that I keep coming up with. "Do I want that?" unfortunatley is a different question with a very different answer. The problem is that I have been brainwashed by the American consumerist culture into believing that I need everything that is in my house and now given the challenge of trying to fit several rooms worth of stuff into two bags weighing no more than 50 pounds each. . . Argh!

Anyway, I think I'm starting to get nervous. My nerves are manifesting as stressing out about the one thing I have control over right now- packing. I have so far packed and unpacked my suitcases at least twice in an effort to get everything in and stay under weight.

I am also starting my goodbye process. My mom left this morning for a trip to Vegas for her Aunt's 90th birthday. Of course this trip was planned before I got my departure date. So instead of her wishing me off to the airport, it was the other way around. Yesterday I went to spend some time with my sister and the girls. Tomorrow will be the big goodbye to all my friends.

Ok, enough procrastination, back to packing. . .

No comments: