Friday, February 29, 2008

I don't get bathroom breaks

With only one more week left of substitute teaching, here is a list of things that I WON'T miss about replacing absent teachers:

1. Getting up at 5:45

2. Signing bathroom passes for students all day while I have had to pee for like 2 hours because of all the water I drank with lunch.

3. Being told "you look like a student!" but punk kids with sagging pants.

4. Being asked "how old are you?" 47 times in one class period. Didn't anyone ever tell them it was impolite to ask a women's age?

5. Getting up at 5:45.

6. "Miiiiisssssssss! Did you see that? He just hit me!" (and from high schoolers too!)

7. Watching the first 45 minutes of the same movie 5 times but never getting to see the end

8. Getting up at 5:45.

9. School lunches.

10. Being shorter than middle school students.

I will miss all (well, most) of the kids and teachers (especially at DCIS!). Thanks for some (mostly) good times!

3 comments:

Linus said...

My mother tried to convince me to move back to California and substitute (they have a shortage). Thanks for vindicating my decision to stay in school!

becca said...

don't get me wrong, I did enjoy it most of the time, its just those moments. . .

at least if you were to sub, you wouldn't be mistaken for a student on a pretty regular basis.

Anonymous said...

Well, things are about to change for you. Visit my blog. I set it up so I could respond to you here sometime.