Thursday, February 21, 2008

Destination Wedding (or the Wedding-moon)

I wasn't sold on the whole "Destination Wedding" thing. Mostly because it was going to be pretty expensive to travel to Mexico for a week and I'm trying to save my pennies right now. I almost didn't go- my original departure date for PC was Feb 15. After thinking about it a lot, I decided that I would regret more not postponing and missing my cousins wedding than I would regret postponing and spending the money to go to Mexico. So far I'm right. I don't know what my assignment would have been had I left in Feb instead of March, but it wouldn't have been Albania. I'm still nervous about Albania, of course, but the more I learn, the more interesting it becomes. And I really needed a beach vacation. And I'm really happy that I got to spend some QT with my fam, especially my Aunt and Uncle that I don't see too often. And I'm excited that I got to meet my cousins in-laws and actually got to know them a little bit because they are now part of my family (and they rock). And I'm really glad I didn't miss the beautiful wedding on the beach. So I get it. Destination Wedding, it works. And I got a tan, so yeah for that. :)



The bride and groom with my parents and me

The view from our cabana (no electricity, sand floor but right on the beach!)

1 comment:

Delena said...

Hi Becca, It was soooooo wonderful for you to be at Nevette's wedding and I am really glad we had QT time together. Love Aunt Delena