Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Skiing and my new camera

In preperation for my trip, I am buying some new (sometimes badly needed) stuff. One of my few major puchases is a new camera. It was delievered last week and I got to try it out for the first time this weekend at the annual Returned Peace Corps Volunteers (RPCV) Ski Weekend at Snow Mountain Ranch outside of Winter Park. Since my parents have been heavily involved in the RPCV group in Denver since before I was born and we all like to ski, this has been an annual trip for our family for as long as I can remember. I decided to just cross-country ski this year (trying to save money and all) and then we went tubeing on the second day. The sled hill at SMR has a rope tow. . . that was of couse not working when we were there. While the snow was great and the tubeing was fun, I have my doubts about whether or not the trip down the hill was worth the hike back up. The law of sled gravity: what goes down must come back up.
Anyway, it was fun and good family time.

No comments: