Thursday, October 25, 2007

I've never dieted before

I never thought I needed to. I was a skinny child and an active teen. I've never really had the body issues that seem to plague our society. Until recently. As I mentioned before, my activity level has gone down in the past few years. This has contributed to the little bit of extra baggage that I've put on recently. I now understand the phenomenon of the American bubble butt. The life of an average American: get up, drink coffee and eat something fatty for breakfast; drive 20-45 min to work; sit at a desk (or in my case occasionally stand in front of a class) for 8 hours; drive back home; sit and watch TV/play video games/surf the net for 4-5 hours.


It's not that I feel "fat" or anything, I just feel myself being less active and not liking it. I also wonder about my eating habits. I like food. I like good food alot.


So here's my plan, laid out for the world to see. First, I'm going to start keeping track of what I eat. I'm just a little curious. So for two weeks, without really changing my habits, I'm going to start keeping a food journal. At the end of two weeks, I'll evaluate and see what I need to change (I imagine I need to eat more vegatables).


Second, in my off time after school, I'm going to start walking to the rec center and working out. I've never been good about keeping to a work out schedule, so we'll see how this goes. I'm going to go this afternoon to check out the gym.


Wish me luck in my effort to avoid the bubble butt.

2 comments:

Claytonian said...

I think my internal fat (as opposed to skin fat) is increasing, I feel way too big

Linus said...

The bubble butt is very popular in some circles... do you like hip hop?

All kidding aside - best of luck. Post about your workout experience... we can keep each other motivated.