Thursday, February 12, 2009

life goes on without me . . .

This is a music video that I am in that was filmed about a year and a half ago. They just recently finished it and released it with a big concert (that I of course could not go to). For some reason seeing this video made me think a lot about all the things that I am not doing in Denver right now. I am at that age (mid 20s) where it seems like everyone I know is starting to get married and have babies. I have missed at least two weddings and one birth already and will miss at least three weddings and two births in the upcoming year. I'm not sure why the Hot IQs made me start thinking about this- maybe because the video was filmed so long ago and so many things have changed since then, maybe because I just found out that one of the band members is getting married this year . . .

and life goes on . . .

look for me in the red party scene- I couldn't see myself, but I was there . . .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gotcha!! Visit my blog http://davidmlipman.blogspot.com/ to see it.
Dad.

Anonymous said...

Sounds a bit like you're having a bit of a homesickness crisis. I know it's tough.

Liz said...

Their drummer has to be the cutest drummer in the history of drummers. The wedding total keeps growing! So now we have Dave and Emily, Kurt and Karen, Luke and Caroline, and Perry and Rosemary, though I don't know if those last two couples are planning any Denver celebrations. There are four (!) preggy ladies at my office now. Something's in the water. I'll upload a video of Henry soon so you can keep up on his growing, which he won't quit doing. We miss you here!