Monday, February 2, 2009

25 things

This is something going round on facebook right now and actually I have been pretty fascinated to read lists of 25 random things by all my friends. Once I wrote my list, I kept thinking of other things to add and realized that my my blog readers might not all be my facebook friends and vice-versa, so it wouldn't hurt to post another list here . . .

1. I like making lists.
2. I have a teddy bear that I've had since I was 5 or 6 that sleeps on my bed every night with me named Fudge. She is a puppet and you can therefore stick your hand up her butt. I hate it when people violate her.
3. I like making myself pancakes because of all the food I can make here, pancakes taste the most like home.
4. There are a few things that are available in other towns but not in Peshkopi: Cheerios, 100% apple juice and Parmesan cheese- I always try to buy these things when I travel.
5. The name beccapiglet came from a drama class production of Winnie the Pooh in high school. I played Piglet.
6. I've always felt like taking showers was really overrated and it felt like just something else I had to do. Because of this, I generally only shower 2-3 times a week, but I have a new appreciation for how great a hot shower can be.
7. My favorite word in Albanian is lulestrudha. It means strawberry. This is also my favorite fruit (in English or Albanian).
8. All of the guys I've dated in recent memory were either musicians or movie theater projectionists. Or both.
9. I love watching movies on a big screen. I would consider working in a theater again for the free movies.
10. I like to hang out with really creative, talented people, because i think that maybe some of their creativity and talent will rub off on me. And they are generally interesting and cool.
11. I've had a savings account since I was a baby and a checking account since I was 12. I like to keep very careful track of my finances.
12. I played the flute from 3rd to 11th grade and was in marching band for three years in high school.
13. I've always wanted to learn how to play the guitar.
14. Peace Corps is easier than I thought it would be.
15. I sometimes worry that it is easy because I'm not trying hard enough.
16. I know more than 10 people named Rachel (or Rachael). A few years ago I started numbering them and often refer to them by number, as in "I'm hanging out with Rachel #2 this afternoon."
17. I hate doing dishes.
18. I don't mind doing my laundry by hand (or at least not nearly as much as I thought I might).
19. I have a complete weakness for teenage TV drama- Gilmore Girls, the OC, Veronica Mars and Gossip Girl especially.
20. I have had to buy the Princess Bride on DVD three times. It keeps getting lost, stolen or accidentally taken by my roommates when they move out.
21. I have mini-panic attacks when I have to make cold phone calls. I even get nervous when I call my friends or people that I know.
22. I love board games. Maybe my idea of a perfect evening is good food, friends and RISK, mahjong or settlers of catan.
23. I thought I was Filipino until I was about 5.
24. The ellipses and the parenthesis are my favorite punctuation; I overuse both.
25. I am usually just as happy to stay home alone as I would be going out, but I often feel like I should go out because I am probably missing something cool and I make myself feel guilty for staying home. What I really want is for people to stay home with me, so I don't feel like I'm missing anything by not going out.

No comments: