Sunday, May 25, 2008

Birthday coming up. . . send me mail!

Site placement information:I have been assigned to a city in the northeast of Albania called Peshkopi. Peshkopi is a small city of about 20,000 people on the border of Macedonia. It is in the mountains and cold and snowy in the winter, but cool and beautiful in the summer. I will be working with an organization called World Vision, which is a large Christian international NGO based in the United States. I will be helping to set up a new office in Peshkopi as part of their Area Development Project. They do development work in many rural areas of Albania, particularly focusing on children. In addition to working with World Vision, I expect to work with other NGOs, the local government and schools on several as yet to be determined secondary projects. I have a site mate that has lived in Peshkopi for one year named Kenji and whom I have not yet met. I will meet him and see the city for the first time when I go on a site visit on May 29th.So now that I have that information, I also have an address where people can send me packages!

Rebecca Lipman
c/o: PShM attn: Mike DeCorte
L. Nazmi Rushiti
Rr "Tercillo Kardinali
Perballe Hotel Veri
Peshkopi, Shqiperi
ALBANIA

Ok, I don't want to start begging or anything. . .

My birthday is coming up on June 3rd- to send me cards or other flat things (those CDs people owe me, hint, hint) you can continue to send mail to this address:

Rebecca Lipman
Korpusi i Paqes
PO Box 8180
Tirane, ALBANIA

If people were to send me packages. . .

books, movies, TV shows on DVD (Gilmore Girls 6&7, Buffy 3&5, Veronica Mars 1&2, Grey's Anatomy), granola/nutrigrain bars, good herbal tea, asian spices, soy sauce, mac and cheese, baking powder, ginger, allspice, fun stuff to keep me entertained, good stuff that you think you would want on your birthday far from home. . . Let me know if you have questions. And as always, if you send me something, I'll send you something back!

Love you all!!!! Ju dua, shume!

Becca

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love herbals! Do you drink looseleaf?

Sandra Jean said...

I looked at where you are going to be on Google Earth! I'm excited for you!