Monday, May 26, 2008

Kickball in Albania

Many of you that have been following my life for a while know that two years ago I joined a kickball team in Denver two summers ago. We were called Science for the People, our uniforms were magenta and argyle and we were the worst team in the league. But we had a lot of fun. One thing that I am going to miss a lot this summer is going to be heading to Veterans Park, grabbing a few beers and playing kickball all afternoon. But not to worry, because there is kickball in Albania!!! Last weekend we had a party in Cerrik to celebrate all of the Gemini birthdays (including me). We ate lunch at our lokal (including a great chocolate cake baked by the girls in Shturmen) and headed over to the school and had a game of good old-fashioned American kickball. The ball wasn’t that great and my ankle kind of hurt, but it was fun anyway. If it weren’t for all of us being so spread out all over the country, I would suggest that we form a league. Hopefully we will be able to get together and play a few more times in the next two years . . .or I can introduce kickball to the Albanians in Peshkopi- I smell secondary project!

No comments: