Monday, April 16, 2007

Is it summer yet?

Anyone that has been in Denver over the past few months knows how brutal this winter has been for all of us. We're just not used to not seeing the sun for two months. That's why we live in D-town and not in Seattle or Minnesota or something. And it's been cold. I've run out of sweaters. Usually I wear my short sleves as much as my scarves in the winter. Let me tell you, I'm tired of it.

There are a few things that mean summer for me in Denver. Sunny mornings with an afternoon thunderstorm: Summer in Denver. Lots of great concerts: Summer in Denver. Kickball: Summer in Denver.

Yesterday was a first taste of summer for me. It was sunny and warm and wonderful. Kickball. I love kickball. It's kinda weird, casue I hate baseball. So you would think that I would hate kickball also. But I don't, I love it. I love playing and I even love watching. Maybe it is just because it is my friends playing and I have such a good time. But what ever makes me love it, I do. And yesterday was great. Science was there to represent in our fuscia and argyle, I got to see some great people that I haven't seen in a while (and a few that I see all the time) and I played really good. I scored the first point of the game, and even though we ended up losing (11-6) it was a pre-season game, so it didn't really matter. It felt good to be out on the field again. I think that this is going to be a good summer. . . if it ever gets here.

2 comments:

Linus said...

Kickball is awesome! I haven't played since elementary school (which was just a few years before the Protestant Reformation) but I am so jealous that you have a club and everything...

Nerdygirl said...

Sweet! That's almost as random as curling!