Friday, April 6, 2007

busy week. . . but what's new?

Wow, I have had a really busy week. It started with the wonderful wedding weekend (look at that alliteration!) of my best friend, Rachel. I got to be a pretty, pretty bridesmaid: get my hair and nails done, wear a dress that actually doesn’t suck (except the dinosaur zipper) and be there for my oldest (as in I’ve known her the longest, not that she is really old) friend. And I got to hang out with all her cool friends that I really love a lot (specially my bm buddies). Anyway, yeah for best friend’s weddings. Fun.

Other fun things this week: kickball, mahjong, cooking club, field trips and buntport.

So let’s talk about Buntport. If you’ve never heard of Buntport, don’t worry, you will. I believe that some day, the Buntporters are gonna be big. Like Monty Python or the Kids in the Hall or some other famous funny people. For now, Buntport can only be experienced in Denver (or occasionally at fringe festivals around the country. What is Buntport? It is more than a theatre, more than a warehouse . . . Buntport is an experience.

The current show is Moby Dick. It was hilarious. Moby Dick funny? Funny and wet. And great. You know the basic story of the Big White Whale: crazy sea captain, obsessed with killing the whale that ate his leg, ends up killing his whole crew except Ishmael who survives so he can tell the tale. So how does Buntport make this classic tale new and original and great? Their inventive use of props, sets and costumes, their superb acting, wonderful writing and fantastic style. Everything they do is completely Buntport, yet always completely original. I’ve never been bored at a show and that’s not a comment that can be made about very many theatres. Plus, I kinda have a crush on one of the actors. So that helps. I love Buntport. And you should too. If you are in Denver, go see them. If you are not in Denver, come to Denver so that you can go see them. Seriously. Love it. Also, go see trunks and starship troy. Really, do it. I’m not kidding. I’ll see you there, Ok? Awesome.

4 comments:

Linus said...

Agreed - BEST WEDDING EVER!

Buntport sounds cool... I need to check it out. :)

becca said...

you do need to check them out. . . I would even say that one of their shows is worth the drive from Laramie. That's how good these kids are. seriously.

Claytonian said...

gotta say the bridesmades looked suprsingly hot. That doesn't usually happen

Nerdygirl said...

I'm seriously thinking of just having the zipper replaced with a shorter one--then the dress would be wearable again.