Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Bata- that's Arabic for "duck"

Last night I had a dream that I was a duck. I seemed to be a crime fighting duck (when I woke up, I kept thinking about Darkwing Duck). I don't remember what kind of case I was on, I mostly just remember the feeling that I wasn't like all the other ducks. I think I was like the renegade duck. The duck that just wanted to do my own thing. I didn't want to fly in formation with the other ducks. I wanted to run on the beach. I didn't want to quack like the other ducks. I wanted to talk and solve crime. I wonder what it all means. Quack.

5 comments:

Linus said...

I suggest you Google "Howard the Duck" - he fought crime... :)

Nerdygirl said...

Howard the Duck was my favorite movie when I was small! I have this fear that if I go back now to watch it it'll lose all the goodness due to bad special effects and the fact that...well, it's a talking duck.

becca said...

Maybe I was channeling Howard in my dream. On a side note, have you ever noticed how cartoon ducks don't actually look like ducks? In my dream I was definatly a REAL duck, not one of these stand tall, too wide beaks, silly cartoon ducks. Cartoon dogs rarely look like dogs also. I think I was like 12 before I figured out that Goofy was supposed to be canine.

Anne Elliot said...

Accidentally came upon your blog googling buntport, and must agree--they are fantastic (and I have a bit of a crush on one of the actors, too...wonder if the tall blonde is single?)!

Linus said...

Nerdygirl said...

"Howard the Duck was my favorite movie when I was small!"

You're still small...