Tuesday, May 1, 2007

rain drops keep falling on my car . . .

The only time that I like rain is when I can sit inside somewhere and listen to it. I don’t like getting wet. I especially don’t like water in my face. But if I can sit on the side of the road or in a parking lot and listen to the rain hitting the car and just close me eyes and breathe the rain. . . oh that’s nice. I also enjoy when it rains and I am camping and I can similarly listen to the rain hitting the tent. I do not like if my stuff gets wet inside the tent, but hearing the rain almost makes up for it. Right now I am sitting in my car getting ready to go to an appointment and listening to the rain. In a minute, I will have to get out of my car and run across the parking lot in the rain (and a little bit of hail). In a moment I will be wet and unhappy, but right now I am content.

1 comment:

Linus said...

I grew up in the South (North Carolina) and I used to love the thunderstorms we had almost every afternoon in the summer. Some of them were nearly biblical in their ferocity, but they seldom lasted more than 30-45 minutes. Lots of lightning and thunder, sometimes a little hail - it was fantastic. When it would start raining, the kids would congregate on our screened porch to wait for it to end... Sometimes my grandmother would make pimento cheese sandwiches and kool-aid for us; damn I miss those days.