Sunday, July 15, 2007

#23 likes #101

The weekend was a smorgasbord of parties and events. The mid-summer party hop began on Friday with Iyabo's birthday and continued all day Saturday.

My first event was a baby shower for Deegan and Brandi. Deegan is my mom's best friend's son. The baby shower was lovely- garden party brunch, kids playing in the pool out back, adults chatting in the shade. The only strange thing about it is that Deegan and Brandi weren't actually there. . . because they live here. We passed around phones and spoke to the parents to be. All of the gifts will be packed in suitcases and sent down when friends and family make the trip down to Costa Rica over the next few months. The best thing about this baby shower. . . no games. :)

After that (and a nap) I went to the opening of my friend Jaime's design show. Kagen had a puzzle box in the show and there was lots of fun, funky furniture and other functional pieces. Design can be fun but it can also be a bit strange. I love to look at all of this stuff, but I think I would probably have a hard time buying things. I have the same problem with a lot of art. I love it, I really do, I just often have a hard time imagining that I could spend several hundred (or thousand) dollars on a painting. This is my dream: someday, I will have enough money to buy art.

After the design show I party hopped over to birthday parties for Aaron and then Emily. I finished the night up with a stop at Hermans for the Flobots. If I were a Flobot, I would be #23. #23 likes #101. He might just be my new secret crush.

Today: Science for the People vs. Tag Team. TT is undeafeated and currently in first place. Since we have very little chance of winning, our plan for the day is to BBQ and try to get really drunk. This may be my last kickball game depending on my camp schedule for the rest of the summer. I'm going to make it a good one. BDK baby.

No comments: