Monday, July 9, 2007

under the weather

Even though it is nearly 100 degrees and my face feels hot, I have chills. I can't breathe through my nose and breathing through my mouth makes it dry and sore. Every time I stand up I feel dizzy and probably look a bit drunk. The pounding in my head just won't stop. That's right, I have it. . . the summer cold.

It came upon me last night while flickin it up at the art museum. By the time I got home, my nose was sufficiently stuffed and I didn't get any sleep. I feel like it is always worse to be sick in the summer. In the winter, at least, I don't feel so bad about bundling up with a hot cup of tea and a good book or some bad TV. But right now, in the middle of the fun season, all I want to do is sleep all day and all night and not leave the house. "There is so much to do!" my brain tells me, as I contemplate missing my meeting tonight and skipping the outdoor movie fun. "You'll feel better if you rest," my body tells me, forcing me to collapse on the couch. I went home early from work today (camp planning) hoping to be feeling better as soon as tomorrow. If I don't feel better tomorrow, it will really suck since we are taking the kids river rafting. Not too fun when you feel like shit. Because of that, I think I will just stay in tonight. I'm almost done watching the first season of Heroes and that sounds pretty good to my body and my brain right now.

1 comment:

Linus said...

I understand your frustration with being sick in summer. My allergies just subsided for the year - so summer can finally begin for me now. I have been sitting around for the last month in filtered and air conditioned spaces, waiting for the days when I can go out and enjoy the warmth without my sinuses closing and my eyes swelling shut.
I hope it passes quickly for you. :)