Monday, July 30, 2007

they have arrived

The participants have arrived. Sometimes during staff training it feels like the participants will never get here. We are preparing and waiting and planning and waiting. The staff has managed to bond and grow together in ways that didn't seem possible just a few days ago. But now our dynamics will change- it's about the participants now. . . the staff time is over. Feelings going into the program- excited and nervous, but confident.

Other stuff: I had coffee with Nichole on Saturday. We spent more than an hour catching up and making small talk and completely avoiding talking about what happened last summer. Finally in the car after we left the restaurant we started getting down to it. I'm not going to go into details about it, but there were some tears. Basically, I'm still not sure how I feel, but I have to give her credit for reaching out and I know I missed her this year. Does that mean I forgive her. . . maybe not completely. Maybe it means that my eyes are a little bit more open. We agreed to try to talk. We'll see how that goes.

Kickball update: Science for the People played our last regular season game on Sunday against the Drinking 40's. Unsurprisingly, we lost 25-7. We are, however playing in the post season. . . look for us to go up against Always Drunk (who really live up to their name) in the Best of the Worst right before the championship. It might actually be a game that we can win.

1 comment:

Linus said...

Go Science for the People!

And congrats on your meeting with Nichole. I hope it works out for both of you.